Hey Makeup Lovers! Just got my lipkits in the mail and decided to Giveaway a @kyliecosmetics MaryJo Lip kit to 1 winner!!
To enter please do the following:
1) Follow Me on Instagram @imeltformakeup
2) Comment “💋” on Instagram post
Rules: Must live in USA with public Instagram account. Ends on Valentine’s Day 2/14/16 11:59pm pst Winner will be announced and DM-ed on 2/15/16 if not claimed by end of the week I will select another winner.😊 Best of luck~pout out 😘
After trying many brands of liquid lipsticks with different formulas and staying power, I figured out a good routine to prepare your lips for application. I know there are some brands with less long wear than they claim, but we just love the color and keep wearing it anyways. Here are a few products I use along with the fluid lipsticks I use.
- Scrub that Canvas: Prepare your lips especially if you have dry flakey lips I would suggest using a sugar scrub. I like using the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish sample I received from Sephora a while back. To combat the dryness of some liquid lipsticks start off your face routine by wearing a non-oily or non-petroleum lip balm while putting your face makeup on. When ready to apply your liquid lippie, wipe off any excess lipbalm then go on applying your lip pencil or liquid lip color.
- Stay put: I recently discovered the Urban Decay Ozone Lip Pencil suggested by a friend who wears regular lipstick so I went and bought the Urban Decay Ozone Lip Pencil along with the Urban Decay Multipurpose Primer Chubby Pencil (since it is chubby, me being lazy thought it be faster to use). It really helps with the colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. Loving the color beeper I wore it on NYE and ate oily greasy foods, and to my horror found that my lipstick had shifted below my lips. With this product I feel like it stayed put better, and felt more comfortable on my lips.
- Greasy Mess: Liquid lipsticks look the best if there is no eating or drinking involved, but when you just have to eat *sarcasm* and it happens to be greasy tasty food. The baby lips Dr Rescue menthol version by Maybelline is a great on-the-go liquid lipstick eraser. No need to carry makeup wipes, coconut oil or cotton etc. This wittle baby helps when I am wearing a red lip or bold lipcolor and just feel like eating tacos. It is worth it to get clown lips after eating my favorite food. Just smear this all over, bloat with pressure on a paper towel then apply some more baby lips then wipe inward towards your teeth, repeat this till all is good and you can reapply your lipstick.
- If I am at home I would use the Neutrogena Oil-Free makeup remover to remove my red bozo the clown lips.
If you have any questions please comment or tweet me @ imeltformakeup.
There is HOPE Update 2/5/16 10:18am pst : per Kylie’s instagram @kyliecosmetics they will RESTOCK Soon
This morning Kylie Jenner released her new Valentine’s Day Lip Kit collection at 9am pst. Me being the make up addict I’ve been eagerly wanting to try the Lip Kit, woke up almost every hour to check if they released the goods before the announced time.. I even dreamt that I professed to my friend I want the LIPKIT! So the special time of day had arrived, I got on the website at 9am pst and was able to see the products available for order at 9:01. Made my order as quick as possible, the $8.95 shipping didn’t even spar me, I just wanted it in my hands. With that said I just quickly looked for priority shipping or maybe minimum shipping for free shipping requirement– no luck. I ordered Dolce K and Mary Jo K at $29 each (+ lip liner) Then went to double check that I got my order confirmation email, and out of curiosity decided to check the website again, to my surprise or no surprise (since it broke the internet last time) all the new colors and restock are SOLD OUT under an hour! Sorry for those who weren’t able to get the lip kits 😦 maybe it’s time to bid on an auction on eBay.com Happy Bidding!
Been waiting to get my lips on the lipkit, just fell in love with Dolce K on people’s lips! Today at 9am pst on kyliecosmetics.com😁😁 please no server issues, website crash, or down from maintenance 🙏🏻🙏🏻 Get Ready!
Lipkitbykylie instagram account announced the new colors Maryjo K, Posie K, and Koko K for their Valentine’s collection. Release date is before Vday no definite date yet .. they say “soon” 😩 I have my Instagram notifications turned on for their account, once they post I will buy.. then bye bye bye money..sorry wallet. 💸 Hopefully I can get my lips on MaryJo and I hope they restock Dolce K at the same time. For $23 the price is decent for a liquid lipstick + lip liner.