1 Creme Brulee
2 Dulce De Leche
4 Filigree *M
5 Petale De Rose
10 Winter Rose
12 Dahlia *M
13 Cranberry *M
14 Snapdragon *M
16 Tawny Rose
18 Guava *M
19 Clove *M
20 Bronze Rose *M
21 Cayenne *M
23 Fraise Bonbon
24 Tan Lines *T
25 Rose Gold *T
26 Skinny Dip *T
27 Rose Gold
28 Rosè *M
29 Penny *M
*Metallic *Lip Topper
Jouer kindly sent me the Holiday Trio set me.I really love the cranberry lip creme as it is a beautiful cool tone vibrant slightly metallic red. Winter Rose is pretty pinky nude and Clove is a metallic deep bronze are also pretty. Jouer lip cremes wear very light weight on the lips with good pigment. From all the liquid lipstick brands, Jouer is one of the brands whose liquid lipstick formula is consistent through out all the colors. I also love the scent on them, as I love sweet smelling cosmetics. When applied and the cotton candy scent dissipates when dried. If you are new to liquid lipsticks and I don’t like drying ones, try Jouer. Their lip cremes are $18 each @ http://www.jouercosmetics.com
Of all the metallic liquid lipsticks I own these stay put all day without drying my lips. Some colors do stain the lips hot pink. I love the smell, its sugary sweet very similar to Kylie lip kits. These mattallic liquid lipsticks are $8.99 on their website they also released some fall limited liquid lipstick colors yesterday 8/14. Shop here
Jouercosmetics kindly sent me 4 of 10 colors that are launching today from their Fall collection! 3 of the new liquid lipsticks are matte and 1 (snapdragon) is metallic.
For early access & coupon codes (CZ15off) announced on their snapchat add: CZJOUER. My favorite of the new colors are Tawny Rose & Brique. Below are some comparisons of other colors in her lip creme line that I own. They are long lasting,comfy, and smells like Vanilla, I love sweet scents 🙂
Which do you have? or plan to get? 🙂
My entire collection of KylieCosmetics.com swatches. Dolce K was the very first lipkit I got this year, then the metals (3), Exposed, and then finally Leo along with Lord. I was disappointed with Dolce K as it crumbles and cracks within minutes on my lips, that I never worn it out for the day, only at home. The metal matte liquid lipsticks are comfy on the lips but not transfer-proof, it seems the darker the metal the better in pigment. Lighter Kylie metal liquid lipsticks are harder to get an even application as well as washes me out. Since they do not dry down, it can be used as a highlight or mixed with another matte or metal color. With Leo and Exposed, I like the formula and it wasn’t like Dolce K. They were a bit runny and watery in formula, but comfortable on the lips. Leo wears nicely on my lips without lip liner. Exposed I can do with or without a liner. I wonder if and when Kylie will open a store front in Los Angeles, CA soon – where I live. 🙂
Lord & Leo Reviews click here
INSTAGRAM//SNAPCHAT: IMELTFORMAKEUP / MELTFORMAKEUP
These limited edition Kylie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks were hard to ge but I was able to get the Leo lipkit and Lord metal liquid lipstick on the 2nd round of restock but not the minis. Initially, I talked myself into only getting the mini set which includes 6 colors, but they sold out like.literally. in a minute, not cute! Today is the 4th and final round of restock which is on her actual Birthday. Will you be trying to buy anything? Well, I give up, as the quality really is similar to Colourpop and the hefty $8.95 shipping is LEOdicrous.
So I received Kylie Leo & Lord yesterday 8/9 (ordered on 8/4) , and prior to receiving them I watched a youtube review of how Leo wore. Usually, I am too lazy to apply the lip liner, but with these darker colors and per the YT review the liner will help alleviate some of the unevenness. Also layering it too much does get uncomfortable, and lip movement is a bit restricted. The lord metallic liquid lipstick looks more like a bronzy gold and is something I would never wear alone, I would mix it or use it as a topper. The skeptical part of me did check to see if “Gold” was an ingredient listed on the box, and it is. In my opinion, Colourpop metallics wear better and has a way better price point. Funny thing is Lord topped on Leo is a real good dupe for Reign! (See pictures below) I think this is the 3rd and last order I will make from Kylie, till maybe when she opens her storefront in LA.
Whoa, my collection of metallic liquid lipsticks is getting a little out of control. Ironically, I am not a huge fan of the metallic liquid lipstick but I was curious to find a good formula and a metallic that is mixable or can be used as a topper or a subtle lip highlight. Here goes my mini reviews.
- NYX – Speed of Light (Gloss) $7.50 & Galactic (not swatched, but videos are on the bottom)
- Is a really pretty pigmented lip gloss, it is heavy and thick but so beautiful for pictures and a fun costume look
- Colourpop.com – Man Eater
- Is another dupe for Kylie Reign but slightly lighter, comfortable, nice as a topper.
- Milani – Chromatic Addict $8.99
- Long lasting, comfortable, feels like nothing, and smooth transfer proof application. The shineyness accentuates the lip lines after talking
- Kylie – King K
- Goldie color actually looks more GOLD than Lord metallic liquid lipstick (just got Lord today and it looks bronzy gold)
- Colourpop.com – Salt
- Uneven, would rather use to mix or as a lip topper
- Mollycosmetics.com – 24K $16
- Looks really pretty and gold at first, but after talking it gets flakey and the metallic gold finish is turned into grayish-ness.
- Colourpop.com – Lights Out
- Uneven, would rather use to mix or as a lip topper
- Colourpop.com – Flitter $6
- Good enough dupe to Heir, same uneven application, not transfer proof.
- Kyliecosmetics.com – Heir $18
- Uneven application, not transfer proof, streaky, and doesn’t look good on my complexion.
- Colourpop.com – Zebra
- Is a better metallic in my opinion than the newest Colourpop metallics (in this list) applies even,
- Milani – Materalistic
- Long lasting, comfortable, feels like nothing, and smooth transfer proof application. Best metallic liquid lipstick formula from my collection. Great dupe for Kylie Reign.
- Kylie – Reign
- The darker metallics all apply better, feels comfy, long lasting. Milani Materialistic is a good dupe.
Slowly I was able to get the newest colors when they came back in stock. The most recent ABH liquid lipstick purchase was Midnight (Black,. Paint the Royal Blue was also $10 but I did not get that one). It was on sale at Macy’s, they were running a Black Friday promotion in July and it was only $10 with free shipping, I could not pass the deal. When swatched on my arm the black is nice and even, but if you rubbed it will slightly come off. Most good liquid lipsticks when swatched on my arm do not budge, as I wear it all day till bed time. I don’t worry about it smearing all over the place and keep it as a temporary arm tattoo for the day. Prior to getting Midnight I got the color Ashton. Of course, I got lured in with all the social media pictures on Instagram. Ashton is a pretty warm terracota color when first applied, after an hour or so it turned into a reddish dark bricky color. I wanted it to look like how it looks when first applied.
With most of the Anastasia Liquid Lipsticks pictured, they make my lips look wrinkly and feel dry. Kathryn also got a little darker with wear but did stay on my lips almost all day with no wear, but it looked a little dry and shriveled. I was swayed away from buying their Liquid Lipsticks 2 years ago after I had Electric Coral and Craft crumble, crust, and crack on my lips. This time I thought I give it try again because Norvina said they are reformulated, and supposedly even a 3rd reformulation. Anyways I rarely reach for the Anastasia liquid lipsticks, maybe because there are other colors and brands that complement my skin and comfortably long-wear.
The gold outline is Molly Cosmetics in 24K Liquid Lipstick. The gold is amazingly vibrant, but if touched or wiped it starts to crust off. On the lips it is the same, if I keep talking it just kinda flakes off and loses its Metallic look. It is a fun liquid lipstick to use for costume parties, halloween, lip art etc.
For more pictures or videos follow me on instagram: imeltformakeup or snapchat: meltformakeup. Lip videos on youtube: imeltformakeup
Metallic Metallic on my lip who is the mirrortastic of them all, you are Colourpop, YOU!
Yet again, I fall into the need to buy every Colourpop’s new releases (which is almost every week). When there is a launch drought which is no longer than a week, I have the habit of just perusing theit online store..then buy… buy, buy, buy!
Ok, this time I ordered Colourpop’s Ultra Metallic Liquid lipsticks ($6 – all 4 colors in Zebra, Man Eater, 3-Way, and Kween) out of curiosity to see how they compare to Kylie’s Metal Matte Liquid Lipsticks ($18 + $8.95 s&H in US) I am sincerely pleasantly surprised at how pigmented and metallic they are! IMO way better than Kylie’s and for such a good price. (See video at the bottom for lip swatches of all colors)
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – 3 Way: My favorite of them all, it’s a pretty plum gold with pinkish undertones.
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – Zebra: Coppery Plummish Brown on me, kinda like Zebra color lips, without the metallic lol
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – Man Eater: Goldie bronze/Rose Gold. It’s like you ate a bunch of new pennies..not men.
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – Kween: Reddish Gold. Said in a British accent: for the Queen of of Hearts.
- Price $6
- Made in USA
- Size: 2.85 g/0.10 oz
- Long Lasting: Yes
- Non-Drying: Feels comfy
- Non-Peeling: No peeling
- Transfer-proof: no
- Color Choices: only 4 colors at this time
- Non-Staining: Stains a little bit, easy to remove
- Scent: No Scent
- Applicator: Short doefoot applicator, is a little hard to get the clean edges of the lip. Each bottle varied in quality of the doefoot, from fluffy, beaten up and almost lost underneath product.
- Consistency: Pigmented. Chunky with almost like smashed lipstick textured. Had to swirl the tube to get product for 1 of the tubes
- Website: www.colourpop.com
- Physical Store: None
- Ships From: Oxnard, CA USA
- Packaging: Their usual liquid lipstick in white packaging but the ends are in light brown
I Love how pigmented these are, they are super comfortable that I forget I am wearing it. It works great as a matte liquid lipstick topper or as a lip highlighter. The colors are beautiful. I think I will need to get some backups in there next restock (#2 restock) They did say they were limited, yet already had a restock and planning on the 2nd restock.
- Compared to Kylie’s metals’ Heir was my least favorite because it was streaky, sheer, and didn’t show up well. I think colourpop’s version is a better kylie formulation but not top notch. As for dupes I think Colourpop Zebra is a good dupe for Reign, and Man Eater is siblings to King K. (see picture below for comparison)
For more pictures follow me on instagram: imeltformakeup
For live swatches and trips to the makeup store follow me on snapchat: meltformakeup