Metallic Metallic on my lip who is the mirrortastic of them all, you are Colourpop, YOU!
Yet again, I fall into the need to buy every Colourpop’s new releases (which is almost every week). When there is a launch drought which is no longer than a week, I have the habit of just perusing theit online store..then buy… buy, buy, buy!
Ok, this time I ordered Colourpop’s Ultra Metallic Liquid lipsticks ($6 – all 4 colors in Zebra, Man Eater, 3-Way, and Kween) out of curiosity to see how they compare to Kylie’s Metal Matte Liquid Lipsticks ($18 + $8.95 s&H in US) I am sincerely pleasantly surprised at how pigmented and metallic they are! IMO way better than Kylie’s and for such a good price. (See video at the bottom for lip swatches of all colors)
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – 3 Way: My favorite of them all, it’s a pretty plum gold with pinkish undertones.
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – Zebra: Coppery Plummish Brown on me, kinda like Zebra color lips, without the metallic lol
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – Man Eater: Goldie bronze/Rose Gold. It’s like you ate a bunch of new pennies..not men.
Colourpop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick – Kween: Reddish Gold. Said in a British accent: for the Queen of of Hearts.
- Price $6
- Made in USA
- Size: 2.85 g/0.10 oz
- Long Lasting: Yes
- Non-Drying: Feels comfy
- Non-Peeling: No peeling
- Transfer-proof: no
- Color Choices: only 4 colors at this time
- Non-Staining: Stains a little bit, easy to remove
- Scent: No Scent
- Applicator: Short doefoot applicator, is a little hard to get the clean edges of the lip. Each bottle varied in quality of the doefoot, from fluffy, beaten up and almost lost underneath product.
- Consistency: Pigmented. Chunky with almost like smashed lipstick textured. Had to swirl the tube to get product for 1 of the tubes
- Website: www.colourpop.com
- Physical Store: None
- Ships From: Oxnard, CA USA
- Packaging: Their usual liquid lipstick in white packaging but the ends are in light brown
I Love how pigmented these are, they are super comfortable that I forget I am wearing it. It works great as a matte liquid lipstick topper or as a lip highlighter. The colors are beautiful. I think I will need to get some backups in there next restock (#2 restock) They did say they were limited, yet already had a restock and planning on the 2nd restock.
- Compared to Kylie’s metals’ Heir was my least favorite because it was streaky, sheer, and didn’t show up well. I think colourpop’s version is a better kylie formulation but not top notch. As for dupes I think Colourpop Zebra is a good dupe for Reign, and Man Eater is siblings to King K. (see picture below for comparison)
For more pictures follow me on instagram: imeltformakeup
For live swatches and trips to the makeup store follow me on snapchat: meltformakeup