Fun Grapeswatch of Colourpop liquid lipsticks
I decided to swatch up some colors from Colourpop that look purple-ish on me, of course except Dr. M.
Colourpop Bedazzled Ultra Matte Lip: is a deep plum purple. It dries fairly quickly.
Colourpop So Wavy Ultra Satin Lip: I thought this was more of a blue when looking on colourpop’s website, it does sometimes look blue in different lighting and on some people I see it looks blue blue. I wanted to get this one because Jellies is a bit drying and flaky, and I wanted a nice royal blue.
Colourpop Privacy Please Ultra Matte lip: This color on me looks like a purplely deep pink. It stains the lips hot pink..
Colourpop Molly Ultra Satin Lip: This one is very similar to Privacy Please but in a Satin form. Only difference is the satin liquid lipsticks do wear very comfortable and also stains the lips.
Colourpop Cheap Thrills Ultra Matte: Has a purple undertone mauvey color. Doesn’t do anything for my complexion. I will try to wear this out one day. 🙂
For more of some fun swatches follow me on instagram: imeltformakeup
The Best Matte Liquid Lipstick
Update 02/09/16 1:53pm pst: Added “Made in”, ” Size” and “website/where to buy” liquid lipsticks
As a professed makeup enthusiast, artist, and wearer I recently jumped on the trend of wearing matte liquid lipsticks. After decades of wearing lipgloss and or lip balm, I have ventured out into the world of long lasting liquid lip color. In the past few months, I have been obsessed with buying and trying all the suited for me colors of these matte “lip gloss” tubes of lipsticks. From sleeping in the lipstick, eating greasy foods, and showering in them, I have come to conclusion with my favorite long lasting liquid lipstick brands.
My top 5 Matte Liquid Lipstick brands:
What makes the perfect lipstick for me:
Long Lasting, Non-Drying, Non-Peeling, Non-staining, Color Choices, Applicator, Consistency
5. Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick: $6
- Made in USA LA,CA – Cruelty Free
- Size: Net Weight: 3.2 g /.11 oz
- Long Lasting: Stays 77% of the time avoid greasy foods and messy food
- Non-Drying: some are more drying than others, the thinner the liquid the dryer
- Non-Peeling: makes my lips peel after hours of wearing but does not peel off in patches like ABH for me
- Color Choices: lots of choices for an affordable price! I love beeper, chilly chili, times square, bianca
- Stain Lips: Yes, certain colors stain the lips, especially the reds, berry colors and Bianca for me.
- Applicator: Can be better, takes a little effort to get the edges of the lip, but great for price
- Consistency: Watery, that when I pull the applicator out it can splatter droplets out..so be careful if you are wearing white. Has no smell.. a tad chemically
- Website: www.colourpop.com
- 1st order $5 off if you sign up
- Shipping is $5.00 usd
- Free shipping with $30 order
- Ships from Oxnard, CA
- Physical Store: None
- Notes: For some reason it makes me lips itch during wear and after taking it off, just spot itchiness like every few hours.
4. Kat Von D (Bow & Arrow) – $21
- Made in Italy
- Size: 6.6 ml / .22 fl oz
- Long Lasting: 78% avoid greasy food and messy food
- Non-Drying: It’s decent
- Non-Peeling: Minimal peeling
- Color Choices: Sephora carries them and they are always out of stock, I just got Bow & Arrow
- Non-Staining: Yes!
- Applicator: Good applicator, but the length is too long for good control when applying
- Consistency: Good not thin, not too thick. Smells a little chemically
- Website: www.katvondbeauty.com
- Physical Store: Most Sephoras carry KatVonD
- Notes: I feel like this looks nude on everyone, on me it looks darker and got darker as I wore it through out the day.
3. Stila Stay-All-Day Liquid Lipstick – $24
- Made in Italy
- Size: .10 oz / 3 ml
- Long Lasting: Yes! My favorite is Fiery (beautiful blue red) & Caramello (perfect nude)
- Non-Drying: Doesn’t dry out my lips
- Non-Peeling: Minimal to no peeling
- Color Choices: They are coming out with more and more colors, I love the Eternally Yours Limited Holiday Set currently available at Sephora.com $38 for 6 mini lipsticks
- Non-Staining: Yes!
- Applicator: Best Applicator
- Consistency: Thick and pigmented, may take time to dry. Smells like vanilla
- Website: www.stilacosmetics.com
- Physical Store: Some Sephoras, Ulta, Naimie’s in LA
- Notes: Sephora Collection has the same scent and consistency for $14 but not the same color options, maybe just the always red (fiery) and marvelous mauve (patina) as a dupe.
2. Dose of Colors Ultra Matte Lip -$18
- Made in USA – Vegan – Cruelty Free – Gluten Free – Paraben Free
- Size: Net Weight 0.16oz/ 3.5g
- Long Lasting: Yes, very pigmented color..no greasy foods.
- Non-Drying: YES
- Non-Peeling: YES
- Color Choices: Not as many as Colourpop but offers a good range of unique colors
- Non-Staining: YES
- Applicator: Awesome Applicator, right precision and length..love the packaging
- Consistency: Medium consistency, smells sweet
- Website: www.doseofcolors.com
- Physical Store: Naimie’s in LA- they carry the whole line with testers, check for avails
- Notes: I have Cork and it would get darker through wear, Chocolate wasted is beautiful true brown, I like wearing Dessert Suede as a wash and mix it with Sand.
1. Girlactik Matte Lip Paint -$23 (Bashful Matte Lip Paint)
- Made in USA
- Size: 7.5ml/.25oz (Double than what you get with most other brands)
- Long Lasting: YES, I have eaten, showered, washed my face, and it was still there!
- Non-Drying: Yes
- Non-Peeling: Yes with Bashful (with Demure I had minimal peeling after 6+ hours of wear)
- Color Choices: They need to make more colors so I can buy them all
- Non-Staining: YES
- Applicator: Great Applicator
- Consistency: Medium thickness..dries to a beautiful matte
- Website: www.girlactik.com
- Physical Store: Naimie’s in LA, Fancy Rite Aids in LA, NYC some Walgreens
- Notes: Wish they made a beautiful blue toned red. This lasted the longest for my lips!
This is the liquid lipstick journey I have started, and I will be trying many many more! Speaking of, I need to go make an order of the Jeffreestar velour liquid lipstick in Celebrity skin…and if possible the Kylie Jenner Lip kit — I want Dolce K~!
Pout Out 🙂
for swatches follow me on instagram: imeltformakeup